How do I check my 14-digit URN status?
URN status: The UIDAI is the authority that issues all the Aadhaar cards in India. It has a website where you can check your PVC Aadhar card status and other details by entering your 14-digit URN number. Here are the steps to follow when checking your PVC Aadhaar card status:
Visit the official website of UIDAI.
To check your 14-digit URN status, visit the official website of UIDAI. You can do so by clicking on the following link: https://uidai.gov.in/track-pvc-status/. Once on this page, enter your 14-digit URN number in the appropriate box and click “Submit” to see your current status.
To provide an extra layer of security, you will be asked to enter a CAPTCHA before submitting any information about yourself. This is what Google calls a “test for humans that computers can’t pass,” and it’s based on images or words that are difficult for machines but easy for people to read and understand when they’re written out by hand (for example, “I’m not a robot”).
Navigate to the track your PVC status tab.
Now that you have your 14-digit URN, it’s time to check your PVC status.
Navigate to the track your PVC status tab.
Click “track your PVC status” and enter your 14-digit URN number in the field provided.
You will be able to see if there are any issues with the document and what steps need to be taken next.
Enter the URN number in the given space.
The URN number is an individual, unique identification number assigned to you by the Registrar General of India (RGI). It can be found on your application form, which is a blue-colored booklet that contains all the information and documents needed for applying for an Indian passport. This booklet will have been given to you when you filed your application. The URN number is 14 digits long and has no spaces between any numbers or letters.
The first 11 digits are composed entirely of numbers: 0 through 9 only (no letters). The 12th digit indicates whether this document relates to a male applicant or female applicant (use “0” for males and “1” for females). In contrast, the 13th digit indicates whether it concerns an adult applicant or minor child applicant (use “0” for adults and “1” for minors).
The URN number is on the top right corner of your application form.
Here is what you need to know:
- The URN number is on the top right corner of your application form. If you have not yet submitted your application, you will receive a letter with a temporary URN and can use this as proof of registration when applying for a visa.
- You may also find it on the top right corner of any acknowledgment letters you receive from us (e.g., after using).
- Finally, if we have issued an acknowledgment letter, then you will also find it printed on the receipt that comes attached to this document.
Check the captcha and click on get OTP.
To check your OTP and know the status, follow these steps:
- You need to enter the 14-digit URN in the textbox provided.
- Now, you will be asked to verify whether you are human. This is done by demonstrating a captcha code present on the screen.
- Enter this code in the textbox and click the “Get OTP” button for verification.
The OTP is valid for 30 min and sent to your registered mobile number.
- The One Time Password (OTP) is sent to your registered mobile number.
- OTP is valid for 30 minutes, after which you will have to generate a new one. You can also get the OTP by SMS if you don’t want to type on your phone’s keypad while following this procedure.
Enter the OTP and click on submit button.
- Enter the OTP and click on submit button.
- If you have provided a valid mobile number during registration, you will receive an OTP (One Time Password) on your registered mobile number within 30 mins.
Following these steps, you can quickly check your PVC Aadhar card status.
- Go to the official UIDAI website and click on the link.
- Enter your details like your name, date of birth, and gender.
- Enter the 14-digit enrollment number generated by UIDAI during the Aadhaar registration process.
- Click on ‘Submit.’
You can check your status on the UIDAI website if you have a URN. Click here to be taken directly to the page where you can find out whether or not your application is being processed.
Section: How do I check my 14-digit URN status?
Section: What happens next?
Takeaway: You will see a message confirming that we have received your application and are processing it. It also tells you how long this will take.